What an eventful few months it has been! We have learnt so much in such a short time, I can't believe that we are going to have to know all of this stuff for an exam! That is crazy!
There are two major events that have happened here in my short time already!
On Halloween night, a troll got into the castle! I was upset, because I had been viciously bullied earlier, and was hanging out with Moaning Myrtle, another ghost in the school, and all of a sudden I hear this great crash! I peeked out from under a stall and saw these GIANT, gross, green feet outside. And then he roared. Let me tell you that a troll yell is one of the most terrifying noises a person can hear. I was absolutely terrified. It was smashing things, and I couldn't see it, so I thought I should open the door, and when I did, I came face to face with its leg. Trolls are revolting, I have to say. I quietly snuck to the back wall, which, in retrospect wasn't very smart, but it was the furthest sport from the troll. I thought maybe it'd had enough, and was gong to stop yelling and smashing things, but it must have heard me and it swung around. I couldn't think. I was frozen. It was coming towards me brandishing its club, smashing sinks off the wall. Then I heard a very familiar voice yell "Oy, pea-brain!" and I saw those two nitwits Harry and Ron come in. What did they think they were doing?
Honestly, everything else from then on is a blur. I don't really remember much else. But no one died, so it must've been okay. Also, this incident sort of solidified a friendship between Harry, Ron and I. If you get to know them a little bit, they're actually pretty nice guys. We also got to become pretty good friends with Hagrid, the groundskeeper. He is a massive man, with lots of shaggy hair, and he is the reason the second major event happened.
So, Hagrid is a lover of all creatures. Most of them are wacky, decidedly dangerous creatures, but the man seems to love them. So, the three of us go to visit him one night, and there is this giant egg on the fire. We get around to it, and ask what it is, and turns out...Hagrid has a dragon egg...
I swear that man is crazy sometimes. Who thinks it is a good idea to keep a dragon egg until it hatches and then want to raise it as his own child??! Dragons are dangerous! Honestly, that man!
Anyway, Hagrid kept the egg until it hatched, and then decided to name it Norbert. At least if you are going to have a dragon, call it something scarier than Norbert! But, Norbert it was. Then Norbert grew. And he grew, and grew and grew! Dragons are massive creatures, if you were unaware. Eventually Harry, Ron and I stopped going to see Hagrid because Norbert was too terrifying and dangerous. We told Hagrid that Norbert needed to leave, and that if we wrote Ron's brother we were sure he would look after him. Hagrid thought about it for a long while and then decided we were right (Thank goodness!!). So the three of us had to sneak a dragon in a crate up to the top of the highest tower at Hogwarts at midnight! You are not supposed to be out of your dorms that late!! But it needed to be done, so do it we did. We won't discuss what happened after...
I hope events settle down a little here! I would like to have a calm second to give a thought about school once in a while, you know?
No comments:
Post a Comment