Thursday, June 18, 1998

The Last Year

Wow. I can't believe that it has been a whole year since I last posted. It has been a crazy year, and I haven't exactly had access to the internet to be able to post anything!

So, last year, after Dumbledore's death, Harry explained that Dumbledore had set out for him to go and Harry, Ron and I decided that we were not going back to school this year, that we were going to find and destroy all of these Horcruxeses, in order to dispose of Voldemort.

So the summer started off with us all at the Burrow, as Bill and Fleur were getting married. I thought that we were going to have to leave extremely suddenly and abruptly, so I made sure that I was packed and ready to go at the beginning of the summer. I was really concerned that we weren't going to have enough space to carry everything, but then I realized that I could put an extendable charm on my bag and that would take away the weight of everything as well! So I extended my bag and put in a variety of books, and clothes, and a tent, and other various precautions. The only thing I had left to pack, as of the day of the wedding, was food because of course food will spoil.

The wedding day dawned bright and early, and everyone was rushing around, fixing things here and there. It was a beautiful ceremony, and then Harry, Ron and I had some interesting chats with members of Ron's family. All of a sudden a Patronus arrived, and Kinglsey spoke out of it "The Ministry has fallen, He is coming". At that, everything turned into chaos. I grabbed Harry and Ron and Disapparated. Thank goodness I had prepared during the summer, I just KNEW something bad was going to happen!! Anyways we ended up on a street I had visited with mum and dad and decided to pop into a cafe to regroup and decide on our plan of action. Just after we went in, these two large men came in and sat in the booth directly behind us. They looked kind of sketchy, but this wasn't the nicest area of town, so I brushed it aside.

Apparently, the two men were actually Death Eaters, and just after I had finished my thought they turned and attempted to attack and kill us. Eventually, we knocked them out...I think, and then we Disapparated to Grimmauld Place. We spent a while there, gathering provisions and whatnot, and Kreacher told us a story about Regulus, and it just so happened that he had done the same thing in the cave that Dumbledore had had to, so Harry knew all about it and sympathized with Kreacher. Additionally, Harry had brought the locket along, and it was Regulus's locket, which Harry gave to Kreacher, and Kreacher was now extremely devoted to Harry. He was happy to serve, and was willing to do anything, and was generally a much better creature to be around!

Whilst here, we were looking for the Slytherin locket which we knew was a Horcrux. Turns out that Mundungus had taken it from Kreacher and then had given it to Umbridge! So, we used Polyjuice Potion, transformed ourselves into some various Ministry workers, and went to go and find it. By some miracle we found it, narrowly escaped from the Ministry, and Disapparated back to Grimmauld Place, except someone was hanging on to me so I wasn't entirely focused, and I immediately Disapparated again off the front step, only I wasn't careful enough, and accidentally Splinched Ron....

It was a very messy night. We now had a Horcrux to look after, no food, and a wounded friend. Lovely.

I think I am going to split this whole year up into a couple different posts, as otherwise, it is going to be SO long!

No comments:

Post a Comment